Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I LOVE IT! Hahaha! I will not pick out big words or catchy phrases to describe the book or the way it was written or the way I feel about it. It is what it is and I love it! And you all have to read it to see for yourself. :-) Ransom Riggs is one promising fellow and yes he is very talented. He originally planned this project to be picture book featuring his collection of vintage photographs. But being the genius that he is, he came up with these fantastic stories for each photo and thus this wonderful book materialized! I'm so glad it turned out like this and he said on his site that a sequel's coming up too! Yeay!

Oh and Jane Goldman (Stardust, X-Men First Class) has been asked to write its screenplay and Tim Burton (no need for introductions or citations) is rumored to be the film adaptation's director. This is gonna be amazing! Unfortunately I don't know any young Hollywood stars anymore so I don't have any bets for the cast but I vote Chloe Moretz as Emma and Tilda Swinton as Miss Peregrine! And since it might be a Tim Burton movie, please include Johnny Depp in the line-up! I can see him as a villain! 

Anyway here's a book trailer that Riggs wrote and directed himself. I didn't know there was such a thing as one actually but it's pretty cool. Check out his other amazing (and creepy) videos on his YouTube channel too!

No comments:

Post a Comment